I graduated from DeVry University with a Bachelor of Science in Technical Management degree in June 2005. During my extensive college career, I was president of the Computer Club, was a PTA member and chair, had organized a successful Bone Marrow Donor Drive in cooperation with the Black Students Association and the National Marrow Donor program at the University of Arkansas, and was active in several other community organizations.
I have the maturity, skills, assertiveness, fervor, business acumen, creativity, knowledge and abilities to embark on a career in training and information technology. In me you will find a highly motivated career-changer seeking to leverage over seven years of increased information technology exposure and over 15 years of higher education into IT Project Management, Administration or Management. I bring to the table a skill set that is transferable and relevant to your needs, including strong customer service orientation, expert problem-solving skills, ability to learn quickly and master new technologies, a high degree of organization, keen presentation abilities, superb communication skills and familiarity with a range of IT systems and technologies.
I pride myself on being a results oriented, hands-on individual with progressive technical management experience. My work style strongly emphasizes teamwork, efficiency and creativity.
Some of my highlights include:
- Over seven years of progressive technical management, administration, documentation, training and support experience and growth, including over eight years of help desk, support analyst and network administrator roles with NTN Software Solutions (providing support for Domino’s Pizza), Lockheed Martin EIS (providing support to executive personnel and end-users), Futurenet Solutions (providing network administration, desktop support, end-user training and technical writing for Leprechaun LLC), Remington College (providing system and network administration, desktop support, end-user training and technical writing) and Western Hills United Methodist Church (providing audio, video and network administration)
- Over ten years of maintaining non-profit organization web sites (http://westernhillsumc.org), as well as software and hardware purchasing decisions within the organizations, asset inventory management, documentation and training
- Customer-focused, strong attention to detail, strong ability to multi-task, organization/time/project management skills
- Over ten years experience with Windows operating systems (XP, 7, 8, 10)
- Over ten years experience using Microsoft Office products, including: Office 1997/2000/2003/2007/2010/2013/2016, Project 2000, Project 2003, Visio 2003, FrontPage 2000, FrontPage 2003, Publisher 2003, Publisher 2007, Publisher 2010, Access 2003, Access 2007, Access 2010
- Over a year experience with Adobe Creative Suite 3 and Adobe Creative Suite 6 (Photoshop, Dreamweaver)
- Achieved high level of customer satisfaction through patient, systematic approach to problem resolution, with majority of calls resolved within the company’s service level agreement (SLA); turned around apprehensive situations with enraged customers into positive outcomes with rapid resolution; averaged 12 trouble tickets closed per day (highest per day call closure of 43 tickets) with an 89% first call resolution rate
- Results-driven and goal oriented: I strive to excel in all endeavors and frequently streamline my efforts in the process
- Knack for process improvement: While an inventory supervisor for a retail music chain, I noticed employees had a need for formal training and drafted a proposal for a training department that would save the company $3.4 million. I also produced an 86-page procedure manual for Asset Control Coordinators.
- Flexible, adaptable, energetic: I am an enthusiastic hard worker with the desire and skills to learn many new concepts and new systems quickly.
- Superb customer service and communication: I close an average of twelve trouble tickets per day (my highest daily call closure was 39 tickets) with an 89% first call resolution rate. My customers frequently request my assistance over the assistance of other analysts.
- Exemplary time management skills: Employed outstanding time management and resource allocation skills to coordinate multiple tasks while sustaining strong quality focus.
- Strong financial background: As an inventory supervisor, I was responsible for over $300,000 of the store’s inventory. While working for a bank, I processed millions of dollars in payments and payoffs daily.
My ideal career path would be in IT Project Management, though I also would be an ideal technical writer, web designer, systems administrator, network administrator or support analyst.
Please browse the links to past jobs on the right navigation sidebar.
You can also view my LinkedIn profile by clicking HERE.
Thanks for stopping by!